Jose Marroquin

CAA graphic design teacher Ms. Lujan helps students explore their creativity in the SLC.

CAA: “Bringing Out the Best”

“Everyone loves our SLC because of the family it creates,” said Mr. Ledezma. 

Many students with CAA teachers say their experiences have been awesome. 

Brizani Lozano, a senior in CAA, said Mr. Ledezma had a big impact on him. “His class brings out the best in yourself and he takes the time to make me understand his way of teaching. Helping me understand math was easy from now on.”

CAA senior Jaziel Jimenez said he gave credit to all his teachers. “Not only do the teachers here give an effect, you can tell they give updates to make sure you stay on track,” he said. 

Mr. Ledezma said that he hears that many students tend to pick CAA because it is “easy,” but he sees his SLC as “expanding their creativity world.”

Rubi Aparicio expressed the opportunities she had gained from being in CAA. She mentioned how her leadership class has made a difference in the SLC. “Seeing how people give hope to grow more and the friendships I have made shows how big of an impact CAA leaves you with,” Rubi said.

Mr. Ledezma did speak about the troubles many students went through while he was the co-head of CAA. “Students always make me proud no matter what, but many seem to think [the program] is the easy way out,” he said. “Many switched into CAA and although it brings me joy, it does make me wonder if they have good intentions with our program,” he said. But he added that believing in the greatness of people always tends to result in good outcomes no matter the situation. 

Dylan Songco said it was not just academics that made him love his SLC. “CAA makes me feel safe, creates friendships I never thought I could, and brings out the best in me at the end of the day,” Dylan said. “Expanding my crazy mind was a good thing in this program. The teachers make you feel alive and we students also bring out the best in them.”

The Federalist • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Federalist Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *