The Federalist

The Student News Site of Alexander Hamilton Senior High

The Federalist

The Federalist

Motoring Coffee: The place to go for cars and caffeine

Datsun+240z
Angel Hernandez
Datsun 240z

Are you interested in cars? Do you also have a coffee addiction? I have the perfect place for you! Motoring Coffee, located in Sawtelle, is a cafe where you can have a cup of coffee, see cars on display, or even do both. The café’s operating hours are from 7 a.m.- 4 p.m. seven days a week, except for holidays. Car enthusiasts go and visit to see the rare cars on display.

Porsche 944 found inside the cafe (Angel Hernandez)

Occasionally, the café shop hosts car meets. It’s fun seeing other people’s cars and what mods are done to them.

Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider (Angel Hernandez)

I find it fascinating that anyone is allowed to look at the cars, no membership required. However, on holidays, they close down the side where the rare cars sit due to them closing early.

Red Porsche 911 (Angel Hernandez)

They even sell their merchandise! They have T-shirts, hats, mugs, tumblers, and tote bags, and even sell coffee beans.  

Although I think their menu is limited, the iced latte is the best drink you can get. 

Overall, I’d highly recommend visiting this café! Whether you’re visiting for the cars or the coffee or even both. All cars that are displayed are unique and some are even rare.  It’s a unique experience.