The Federalist

The Student News Site of Alexander Hamilton Senior High

The Federalist

The Federalist

New Field, New Challenges: Hamilton Boys’ Soccer

Eric Sandoval
Sun sets over West LA

In a surprising turn of events, the Hamilton High School soccer team finds themselves in uncharted territory this season as they are forced to play their home games at West LA College. Previously accustomed to the familiarity and comfort of their home turf, the team now faces the challenge of adjusting to a new environment.

The school administration has announced plans to upgrade the existing field to provide a top-notch playing surface for the upcoming 2024-2025 season. The construction team has already started preparing the grounds, clearing the area, and leveling the field to create a smooth playing surface. 

The loss of their beloved home field has presented a hurdle for the team, but their spirit remains unwavering.

The ref looks over a game at West LA (Eric Sandoval)

Varsity coach Christian Castro expressed his confidence in the team’s ability to adapt, stating, “While it’s disappointing to lose our home field, it’s an opportunity to show other schools that wherever we go we’re willing to win. We will use this change to perform at our best.”

The players, too, have embraced the change. Player Brayan Herrera  shared his thoughts on the situation, saying, “It’s for sure a change, but it won’t affect us.”

The upcoming games will undoubtedly be a test of the Hami soccer team’s adaptability and resilience. However, with the determination of the team, there is no doubt that they will rise to the occasion and continue to make their mark on the field.

As the Yankees prepare for their first game on the new field, the coaching staff has been working hard to ensure that the team is well-prepared for the challenges ahead. They have been focusing on strategies that will help the players make the most of the new field, taking into account its unique dimensions and playing conditions.

The players themselves have been putting in extra effort during practice sessions. They have been practicing their footwork, honing their passing skills, and working on their teamwork to adjust to the new field.

While losing their home field may have initially seemed like a setback, it has brought the team closer together. The players have formed a strong bond, supporting and encouraging each other every step of the way. Their determination to succeed in the new field is evident in their commitment and hard work.

The writer is a member of the boys’ varsity soccer team.