The Federalist

The Student News Site of Alexander Hamilton Senior High

The Federalist

The Federalist

Hamilton Girls Soccer Make a Path to the Playoffs

Eric Sandoval
A rainbow soars over the West LA field during a soccer game earlier in the season.

The Hamilton girls’ soccer team took on major ups and downs throughout their 23-24 season. With a winning overall record of 9-7-1, the Lady Yanks are set up to be an unstoppable force in the playoffs. The Yankees will take on Chatsworth this Saturday at 2:30 p.m. for a quarterfinal match at the West LA field.

It was clear from the start of the season that these ladies meant some real business. Their offense led them to a great three-game win streak against Fairfax (7-0), Westchester (10-1), and University High (5-0). 

¨As a teammate and a player for my coaches I want to bring up the team with energy even through the hard times or even the good times,¨ said junior and defender #17 Emily Bausta.

SAS senior and winger #9 Adriana Cano said she also wanted to keep the energy up as the team tries to head to playoffs.

¨Hopefully for the next couple of games, it can send us off to the playoffs, that is really something I want to accomplish for my last year,¨ she said. 

The continuous victories not only shows that this team is a unit when they come together, but they also show the commitment to be excellent and consistent with their work. As the season progresses, the players, staff, coaches and Hamilton soccer fans are all eager to see what this team will do in the playoffs.