The Federalist

The Student News Site of Alexander Hamilton Senior High

The Federalist

The Federalist

Mark’s Favorite Mobile Games

Games+Folder
Mark Patricio Joaquin
Games Folder

Need help finding new games to play on your phone? Well, here are a couple of choices you may want to consider. Each of these games aren’t similar, which gives a variety of choices. I’ll only mention the basics because there’s way too much to describe every little feature each game offers.

The first game I’d like to suggest is Clash Royale, created by Supercell on March 2nd, 2016. Clash Royale is a free-to-play strategy game. A crucial component in this game is managing your elixir. Elixir is used to place troops into the arena but you can only have a maximum of 10. Once you press play, you are put into an arena where the objective is to destroy the enemy’s tower. Each destroyed tower is a crown where whoever has the most at the end wins the game. Be mindful of how you use your troops and elixir because perfect plays can ultimately make you win. Every time you win, you gain trophies, but if you lose, you lose trophies. You can also get chests and coins to collect/upgrade cards. The more trophies you get, the harder the matches get. I also think it’s cool that the game still gets updates. The game can be fun when you know how to win, but if you don’t, it can be a little frustrating, especially if you lose so much that you get demoted to the last arena, which is another reward or punishment for winning.

Clash Royale gameplay (Mark Patricio Joaquin)

Another game I’d like to recommend is Call of Duty Mobile, created by TiMi Studio Group and Tencent Games on October 1st, 2019. Call of Duty mobile is a free-to-play first person shooting game that has plenty of game modes to offer, like multiplayer, battle royale, and zombies. In the multiplayer mode, there’s a section called score streaks which are special weapons to use when collecting points from kills. There’s a lot of different types of score streaks you can use, but one important lesson is that if you die, then your score streak will reset. This means that you need to stay alive to keep on getting score streaks.

Call of Duty Mobile lobby (Mark Patricio Joaquin)

The battle royale  game mode has a total of 100 players in one game. The player can choose to play solo, duo, or with a squad of four people. A plane will drop everyone to find a place to drop and collect loot. The last player or squad that’s left wins the game. The zombie game mode is consistent with zombie waves that later has a boss at the end. Each time you kill a zombie you get points that are used for guns or upgrading armor. This wide variety of game modes makes it hard to get bored.

Call of Duty Mobile gameplay (Mark Patricio Joaquin)

A third game is Roblox, created by David Baszucki on September 1, 2006. Roblox is a free-to-play gaming platform that has millions of games that are created by developers. Most of the games are split into different genres so it’s easy to navigate the games you want to play. Another feature is customizing your character. There’s a catalog where you can buy clothing and accessories for free or in app currency called “Robux.” There are millions of games on the platform, which makes for a great experience.

Roblox Menu (Mark Patricio Joaquin)

My fourth game is Minecraft, created by Markus Persson, also known as Notch, on May 17, 2009. Minecraft is around $6.99 and has two primary modes. The first mode is survival mode where the player must collect resources in order to survive. There’s a lot of exploration in this mode where you can find generated buildings in your world. Depending on your level you can change the difficulty how you want it. The other mode is creative where instead of working for resources, the resources are given. Two crucial benefits in this mode is that you fly and you can’t die. My favorite mode is survival because there’s a lot of exploration and effort built into it.

Minecraft gameplay and menus (Mark Patricio Joaquin)

My fifth game recommendation is Hay Day, created by Supercell on June 12, 2012. Hay Day is a free-to-play game primarily focused on a farm. Your farm is like your base where you can purchase work space to produce food, then sell that food in your store. Crops are another way you can earn money by harvesting your crops. These crops can also be used to make food for your animals. This game can be very addicting when you are desperate for a bigger farm and work to rack up coins to decorate the farm how you want it.

Hay Day still (Mark Patricio Joaquin)