The Federalist

The Student News Site of Alexander Hamilton Senior High

The Federalist

The Federalist

Dominant Performance Leads to Victory

Yankees take control of their first game to start off the season with a win
Daniela Safaei
The Hamilton JV boys take on Fairfax in an earlier game.

The Hamilton boys’ basketball team took on the Dorsey Dons in an electrifying game Nov. 9. The Yankees secured a resounding victory, defeating their opponents with a final score of 73-46. The game showcased the team’s exceptional talent and unwavering determination.

From the opening tip-off, it was clear that the Yankees meant business. Their relentless offensive plays and stifling defense left their opponents struggling to keep up. The players exhibited precision in their shooting, sinking three-pointers and driving to the basket with back to back layup.

With an impressive display of athleticism and strategic play,  #0 Micah Jahn dominated the court, scoring 18 points, and #15 Demaije May was right behind him with 14 points. Their leadership and skill inspired the entire team to elevate their game.

The victory was a collective effort, with every player contributing to the team’s success. The team’s strong chemistry and seamless coordination were evident in their crisp passing and effective communication on the court. The bench players also made significant contributions, stepping up when called upon and maintaining the team’s momentum.

Head Coach Sterling Brown and assistant coach Elijah Chesley expressed immense pride in their team’s performance, praising their hard work and dedication.

“Our players have put in countless hours of practice,” said Mr. Brown. “They showed what it means to be a team. We just keep going from here.” 

The win not only solidifies the Hamilton boys’ basketball team’s position as a force to be reckoned with in their league, but also serves as a testament to their unwavering commitment to excellence. As the season progresses, fans eagerly anticipate more thrilling victories from this talented group of players.