The Federalist

The Student News Site of Alexander Hamilton Senior High

Hami Announcements

The Federalist

The Federalist

Hamilton High School Baseball Team Wins on Senior Night, Moves On To CIF D1 Playoffs

Senior Yanks take group picture in celebration a win on Senior Night.
Damian Vides

The Hamilton High School baseball team celebrated a remarkable victory on their Senior Night as they took on Fairfax, marking a memorable moment for the players, coaches, and fans alike. The game was filled with excitement and emotion as the team showcased their skills and dedication on the field, winning the game 4-2.

In a ceremony before the game, the seniors, who have been an important part of the team throughout the season, were honored for their hard work and commitment. Their leadership and determination were then evident as they played their hearts out in front of a supportive crowd.

The game was a true display of teamwork and perseverance, with each player contributing to the success of the team. The chemistry among the players were on full display, highlighting the bonds that have been formed over the course of the season.

“It was definitely like a roller coaster,”  said senior #4 Jacole Wilson. “We didn’t come come out as strong in the beginning, but we started turning it up after I got my hit to send one of the players to home base. Our team started hitting and the pitcher started pitching.”

As the game ended, the Hamilton High School baseball team emerged victorious, capping off Senior Night with a well-deserved win. The celebrations that followed were filled with joy and pride as the team reflected on their accomplishments and looked forward to the future.

Congratulations to the seniors who had an amazing four years on the baseball team:

Robert Mercado, Jacole Wilson, Ethan Ceppi, Yonah Gereboff, Jose Marroquin, Malik Blanden, Shiraz Lawrence, Christian Lewis 

Overall, the Senior Night game was a fitting tribute to the seniors and a testament to the team’s hard work and dedication. It was a night to remember for everyone involved, showcasing the true spirit of high school sports and the power of teamwork. The Yanks now move on to the CIF Division one playoffs tonight, hoping to win a championship. 

“Any win, you get confidence,” said senior #20 Shiraz Lawrence. “Just taking it in, feeling better of ourselves and gaining more confidence in the playoffs. We have to adjust to playing different teams, but we’re going to do great.”

The team plays Roosevelt today at 3 p.m. at East LA College.

Jacole Wilson and Shiraz Lawrence take a picture in memory of their last home game. (Damian Vides )