The Federalist

The Student News Site of Alexander Hamilton Senior High

Hami Announcements

The Federalist

The Federalist

Hami juniors accomplish “smooth” testing season

Adriana Gonzales
BIT Junior David Gonzalez said he appreciated how the test helped him prepare for college.

Hami juniors spent five days taking state tests, called SBA, this month. The exams tested students’ knowledge in many different subjects, such as math, English, and science. By taking these tests, students got to realize how much they have improved in these subjects. Although it was a little stressful, the juniors still pushed through it with motivation from teachers, staff, and friends.

SAS junior Levy Cazanga said the tests were easy for her.

“The test was easy because I was learning the same thing in class and it helped me with the test,” Levy said.

Testing coordinator Ms. Pitts said that many people contributed to make the SBA smooth and organized. More than 97 percent of students completed all three tests. 

“Preparation and the students being prepared made the overall process way smoother,” Ms. Pitts said. “When the testing day came, there were no issues that were problems to solve.”

BIT junior Alyssa Nunez said her biggest challenge was boredom because she had to just sit there when she finished the test early.

“The test wasn’t too bad, but having to sit there for over an hour was really annoying,” Alyssa said. “Overall it wasn’t bad.”  

BIT junior David Gonzalez said that the test was helpful. 

“The test is a good idea for 11th graders to pursue their colleges and UCs,” David said.

Ms. Pitts emphasized how the whole school worked to make the tests go smoothly.

“It’s not just one person, the work is just not all on me,” she said. “It involves a lot of other people coordinating and making sure it fits the calendars of AMPA and the programs they are doing and the other events going on with the school.”