The Federalist

The Student News Site of Alexander Hamilton Senior High

The Federalist

The Federalist

Hamilton boys’ volleyball pushing for more wins

Alexander Garcia
The Yankee boys’ volleyball team celebrates getting a point.

The Hamilton boys’ volleyball team took on LACES Monday.  After a hard-fought game, the Yankees took down the Unicorns, winning the game 3-0. With this impressive win, the team improved their overall record to 6 and 4 with a 4 and 4 league record. The team then turned their attention to a tough upcoming game against Palisades.

“It was a good win today,” said head coach Joa Bin Kim on Monday. “We have a big game coming up, but I know this team can win.”

With Monday’s win, the Yankees went on to play Palisades on Wednesday. It was an outstanding game, with everyone excited for the Yankees to keep their winning streak. But Palisades took the first two sets, making the score 2-0. They just needed one more set and the game was theirs to win. 

#11 Nathaniel Busto hits the ball to save the Yankees a point. (Alexander Garcia )

The third set of the game was a pressure game for Hamilton, but they took control, winning the third set and making the score 2-1. Going into the 4th set, the team had hope,  hitting each ball with precision and strength. The team went into the set confident and aiming to win, but sadly suffered a tough loss.  The game ended 3-1, with Palisades surviving another day. 

“I really thought that they would win this game,” said Hamilton fan Param Singh. “ I mean, it’s Palisades, they always win, but one day they’ll lose.”